Hall of Fame Nomination Form
During the 2015/2016 school year Douglas County West established the DC West Hall of Fame in an effort to highlight the great athletic accomplishments and traditions of Douglas County West High School, Valley High School, and Waterloo High School. We inducted 4 individuals during the DC West 2016 Homecoming festivities: Rick Hayden, John “Barney” Barnhill, Mike Cunningham, and Mark Schellen.
We are now accepting nominations for 2017/2018 Hall of Fame. The criteria for selection along with the selection process are listed below. Anyone can nominate a former Douglas County West, Valley, or Waterloo athlete. NOMINATIONS are due to Mr. Glock (DC West Athletic Director) by TUESDAY, FEB. 28th, 2017. Please send deserving nominees and a brief description of their athletic accomplishments by mail or email to:
Douglas County West High School
c/o Athletic Director, Troy Glock
PO Box 378
Valley, NE 68064
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION AND SELECTION
- Nominee must be at least five years out of high school.
- Nominee must be a graduate of Douglas County West High School, Valley High School, or Waterloo High School.
- Nominee should be a positive role model.
- Nominee should, at minimum, have been an All-Conference/All-District selection or held or set a school record at one time.
- Once a former athlete has been nominated, they will remain on the nominee list for future years until they are elected into the Hall of Fame.
- Two Valley High School and two Waterloo High School athletes will be honored in years one through four (2016/2017, 2017/2018, 2018/2019, & 2019/2020 school years) of the Hall of Fame. Starting in year five (2020/2021 school year), the top two vote receivers will be selected to the Hall of Fame, regardless of whether they graduated from Douglas County West, Valley, or Waterloo High School. If there is a tie in the voting for one of the top two spots, all tied parties will be elected. Therefore, it will be possible to have more than two Hall of Fame inductees per year.
1) The Athletic Director will create and maintain a Hall of Fame selection Committee which will consist of an equal number of Valley and Waterloo high school sports enthusiasts. The total number on the selection committee can range anywhere from 12 to 18 members. Committee members will be long-time athletic supporters from Valley or Waterloo who would be knowledgeable about DC West, Valley, and Waterloo High School Athletics. Voting by the committee members is confidential.