From the MS Principal
From the MS Principal
Parents and Students,
Welcome to Douglas County West Middle School, home of the Falcons! DC West Middle School is located in Valley, NE and we are a Class C-1 School that consists of approximately 210 students in 6th-8th grades. DC West is a member of the Nebraska Capitol Conference. Here at DC West, providing a safe and positive learning environment for all students is a top priority for us. We want to give students every opportunity to reach their full potential and to ensure student achievement. Students will be encouraged to get involved in our school and to participate in the Athletics, Fine Arts, and Activities that we have to offer. Listed below are just a few things that our middle school has to offer your son/daughter:
A Traditional 8-period day for all 6th/7th/8th Graders
A Homeroom setting for our 6th grade students with daily transitions every 45 minutes
PRIDE/Guided Study Hall: Daily Academic Advisory Program for all 6th/7th/8th grade students for 30 minutes after lunch (10 minutes-Pride, 20 minutes-Guided Study Hall)
- H.A.L. (High Ability Learning)
- R.T.I. (Response to Intervention)
- E.L.L. (English Language Learners)
- Guided Study Halls (Provide extra academic support)
- Falcons Nest (After school study hall)
- Specials Classes:
- 8th (Choose 4 out of the 5 offerings that rotate quarterly): Intro to French, Intro to Spanish, World Foods, and Information Technology.
- 6th/7th (3 first semester and 3 second semester being approximately 6 weeks each): STEM, Media Skills, Theatre, Art, Computers, and Health.
A variety of Extra-Curricular Opportunities in Athletics, Fine Arts, and Activities
Our Falcon Rewards Program: a quarterly student incentive program, rewarding positive behavior
M.A.P. Testing (Measurement of Academic Progress) in the Fall, Winter, and Spring
Thematic Cross Curricular Units for all grades throughout the year
We feel that we have many experiences to offer your son/daughter during their Middle School years. Please feel free to stop in and check out some of the great things that are going on. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Middle School office at 402-779-2646 or e-mail Mr. Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are looking forward to another great year!
Mr. Jeremy Travis, M.A.
Middle School Principal/AD