Mrs Finnicum's Daily Schedule
|Monday - Wednesday - Friday||Tuesday & Thursday|
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
7:45 am - 11:45 am
This is my eleventh year with DC West Community Schools and my 37th year as an educator and guidance counselor. I am certified K - 12 in guidance and counseling and have experience as an elementary, middle, high school and college counselor.
I am also in my 14th year teaching 2nd grade Hebrew at Temple Israel in Omaha. When I am not working I love playing tennis, working jigsaw puzzles, traveling (to hockey, to my kids, or a beach) and spending time with my family.
My husband Doug and I are originally from Columbus, Ohio and have been married for 30 years. We have two sons; Jacob is 28 and is in the Navy. Jake graduated from Millard North High School and the University of Kansas. After serving in the US Navy he continues to live in San Diego. Our younger son Josh also graduated from Millard North High School and the University of Kansas. He recently moved to Chicago and is a National Merchant Representative for GroupOn. Doug and I have also "adopted" some boys who play for Omaha AAA Hockey. They attend DC West High School, travel the country playing hockey and eat us out of house and home! (kidding)
I am passionate about helping children, adolescents, and young adults reach their full potential not only academically but personally and socially as well. This is accomplished in numerous ways as designated by the National Standards for School Guidance.
- GOAL 1: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING THE SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT
- GOAL 2: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING SELF AND OTHERS
- GOAL 3: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS
- GOAL 4: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING
- GOAL 5: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- GOAL 6: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING SCHOOL SUCCESS SKILLS
- GOAL 7: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATIONAL PLANNING
- GOAL 8: TO ASSIST STUDENTS IN UNDERSTANDING COMMUNITY PRIDE AND INVOLVEMENT