It is a fact of life that your child will be taking tests in school. How can you help?
- Make sure your child gets a good nights sleep before the test
- Provide a light healthy breakfast before the test
- Have your child dress comfortably (layers are good)
- Arrive at school on time
- Send your child off to school with confidence - using words of praise and support - You will do great! Believe in yourself! I love you!
- Show your child how to take deep breathes to calm themselves before, during and after the test
- Remind your child to read directions carefully and look over all answer possibilities before choosing one
- Explain how important it is to check all answers before turning a test in
- Do not schedule trips, dental or medical appointments, or early pickups for testing days