Cinnamon Chip Roll-Ups (recipe has been adapted from original)
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated butter crescent dinner rolls
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips, divided
- CINNAMON CHIP DRIZZLE(recipe follows) we used vanilla or butter drizzle
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate into 16 triangles.
2. Spread melted butter on each triangle. Sprinkle 1 cup cinnamon chips evenly over triangles; gently press chips into dough. Roll from shortest side of triangle to opposite point. Place, point side down, on ungreased cookie sheet; curve into crescent shape.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with CINNAMON CHIPS DRIZZLE. Serve warm. 16 crescents.
CINNAMON CHIPS DRIZZLE: Place remaining 2/3 cups chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
Vanilla or Butter Drizzle:
½ c. powder sugar, ½ tsp. butter or vanilla flavoring, ½ tsp. milk
Add liquid to the powder sugar a little at a time. (You don’t want the drizzle to be to thin,) Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze onto the roll-ups.
Fruit Oatmeal Crisp
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cans pie filling (apple, blueberry, raspberry or peach)
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees.
2. Prepare your choice of fruit mixture as indicated below. Cover bottom of buttered cake pan with mixture.
3. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in bowl. Cut butter in dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake in a moderate oven. Serve warm, plain or with whipped cream. Square pan: 8 inch or 6 cups. Cooking time: About 30 minutes. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
Hot Fudge Cake
Here's a wonderful way to top off a great meal—a rich chocolaty cake that's not overly sweet. Mom served it with a scoop of ice cream or cream poured over. I'd always have room for a serving of Hot Fudge Cake. —Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
9 Servings Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in.-square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculatd without whipped cream and ice cream) equals 253 calories,
Nutritional Facts: 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© Taste of Home 2014
1 (13.8-oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
⅓ cup pizza sauce
1 (3.5-ounce) package HORMEL® Canadian Style Bacon
1 (3.5-ounce) package HORMEL® Pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup chopped green bell pepper and/or onion, if desired
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Unroll dough; place on sprayed baking sheet. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form 12x8-inch rectangle.
3.Spread sauce over dough to within 2 inches of long sides and 1/2 inch of short sides. Evenly distribute HORMEL® Canadian Style Bacon Pepperoni and HORMEL® Pepperoni lengthwise down center, to within 1/2 inch of short sides. Top with cheese, bell pepper, onion, and Italian seasoning. Fold long sides of dough over filling; press edges to seal.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
2014 Hormel Foods
Taco Casserole (adapted for stove top for class)
From Alma Frank
1 ½ pounds ground beef, drain the grease
1 package taco seasoning
2 cans (11 ounce) Mexican corn (corn & peppers)
1 can (10 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat, drain the grease.
Stir in taco mix, tomatoes, Rotel, and corn& peppers. Simmer 15 minutes. Serve over tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
You may add an extra can of Rotel and petite diced tomatoes for more servings.
1 ¾ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
½ cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Beat eggs, adding butter and flavoring. Add sugar gradually. Beat until smooth.
2. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix with egg mixture until smooth.
3. Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.
4. Bake pizzelles for approximately 90 seconds, checking every 30 seconds until golden brown.
Makes about 30 pizzelles. (This recipes is for a pizzelle maker.)
Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce
1 package white or yellow cake mix, mix according to the package directions
12 ounce package cranberries, rinsed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Once the cake mix is prepared, add the cranberries to the batter. Pour into a prepared 9x13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until cake tests as done.
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup butter
12 can evaporated milk
In a pan melt the butter and add the sugar and evaporated milk. Heat over med heat until sugar dissolves. Serve warm over cranberry cake.
1 yellow butter cake mix
½ to 1 cup melted butter
2 cans (21 ounce) fruit pie filling
apple pie spice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Use cooking spray to coat a 9x13 inch cake pan.
2. Evenly spread pie filling on the bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the pie filling. Do not mix in.
4. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and using a fork gently blend the cake mix and butter together.
5. Sprinkle with Apple Pie Spice.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is lightly brown.
You may use any fruit pie filling for this recipe.
2 packages Buddings dried beef
8 ounces cream cheese
Instant onion soup mix
Combine cream cheese and soup mix. Spread onto a slice of the dried beef. Roll up, chill for 5 minutes then slice.
Almond Cocoa Mix
From: Christmas Gifts of Good Taste Vol. 4
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2 cups softened vanilla ice cream
2 ½ teaspoons almond extract
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugars, and cocoa over low heat. Stirring frequently, cook until butter melts.
Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Add ice cream and almond extract; beat until smooth. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Yields: 4 cups cocoa mix
To serve: Pour ¾ cup hot boiling water or hot coffee over ¼ cup cocoa mix; stir until well blended.
You can substitute mint extract for a peppermint flavor.
2 cans Sauerkraut (I use sweet Bavarian)
16 ouncesThousand Island dressing
16 ounces Shredded Swiss cheese
3 or 4 packages Budding corned beef, chopped
Heat until cheese is melted and serve on rye bread. This can be served in a crockpot.