6th-8th Grade Vocal Music Information
Mrs. Dawn Beyl, Director
Required Performance Dates
Winter Concert: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 @ 6:30pm
Spring Concert: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 @ 6:30 pm
**All vocal students will meet in the Elementary Music Room for attendance and warm-ups at 6:00pm.**
Concert Dress Code:
7th-8th Grade Choir:
All Students: Black dress pants, black dress socks, black dress socks, red music polo (tucked in). Please no jeans or tennis shoes!
Males: Dress Pants (Khakis are acceptable), Dress Shirt (button up or polo type), and Dress/Casual style shoes. Jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and tennis shoes are not acceptable. All concert clothing must meet the school dress code expectations.
Females: Dress Pants (Khakis are acceptable), Skirt, Dress (skirt and dress length must be at the knee or longer), Blouse or nice dress top, and Dress/Casual style shoes - flats, small wedges or heels under 2 inches. Jeans, leggings, yoga pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts and tennis shoes are not acceptable. All concert clothing must meet the school dress code expectations.
Concerts are mandatory for all vocal music students. In the event of illness, death in the family, or emergency the student has no control over, please notify Mrs. Beyl as soon as possible so adjustments can be made for the concert. Each student plays a vital role in each performance and is important to our group’s success! Throughout the year, performance opportunities may come up in our community or elsewhere. I will give the students as much advance notice as possible for these events.
- Daily Attendance/Participation Points (4 points each day): Students earn these points by coming to class on time, being prepared with their folder/pencil and by participating in all classroom activities.
- Part Checks (10 points): Students will be periodically assessed on their individual parts throughout the learning process. Students will demonstrate their understanding of the music literature through singing in assigned small groups to check for understanding. Students will always participate with at least one other singer from the same part. If students are unhappy with their grade, they may come in after school to redo the part check. This time will be scheduled with Mrs. Beyl.
- Concerts/Performances (50 points): Students are expected to participate in all Concerts and Performances. Students need to be on time, dressed appropriately according to the expected attire and demonstrate proper concert etiquette during the entire concert.
- Quizzes/Assessments/Projects/Assignments: Will be graded accordingly. Students will have adequate class time to work on assignments and projects.
- Grading Scale: The grading scale used in choir is the same grading scale outlined in the DC West Student-Parent Handbook.
94-100% A = Excellent
87-93% B = Good
77-86% C = Average
70-76% D = Below Average
0-69% F = Failing
Before School: Elementary Music Room:402-359-2151
After School: High School Music Room:402-359-2121